Find out more information about TAKE10
TAKE10 is a classroom-based physical activity program, developed by the ILSI Research Foundation with the assistance of health professionals and education experts, combining academic instruction with 10 minutes physical activity breaks to get kids moving without sacrificing time dedicated to academic learning.
TAKE10 brings physical activity in the classroom.
What is TAKE10
TAKE10 is a program that brings physical activity in the classroom. The program:
- integrates movement with core curriculum concepts in each activity
- includes nutrition education and physical activity lessons
includes grade specific materials for students in kindergarten through 5th grade
- was developed by teachers for teachers
- provides 10 minute activity breaks
- is teacher-friendly and kid-approved
Impact of TAKE10
It is well known that physical activity is essential to managing childhood obesity, and yet it is increasingly difficult for children to achieve the recommended 60 minutes of daily physical activity. Through the integration of movement, nutrition and health with core academic content, TAKE10 promotes physical activity, healthy eating, and learning in a fun and creative way.
TAKE10 By the Numbers
- 10 minutes classroom-based physical activity
- 40+ activities per grade level
- 50,000 classrooms in the U.S. using TAKE10 reaching 1 Million children